Location: Flexibility on location (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch)
About the Role
As an organisation that needs to take risks to innovate for New Zealand, risk management is essential in providing a backdrop to safeguard decisions along with consideration into opportunities that arise from identified risks. We need someone that cannot only identify and help to manage risk but change the mindset to look at risk as an opportunity to leverage innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional people person that is driven through building connections and driving risk maturity within our organisation. Possessing the ability to capture an audience through engaging facilitation either at an operational or governance level is where risk management is the most successful.
This role comes with a level of flexibility to adapt and change as the organisation matures. The successful candidate must have the ability to work autonomously to provide the best outcomes for the organisation. The role will also be responsible for ensuring operational risks are actively managed and enterprise level risks are continually monitored and reported through to the appropriate governance function in line with our Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Role model our organisation’s behaviours, along with the Te Tiriti O Waitangi principles, that enable a diverse and inclusive workforce to thrive
- Have excellent facilitation skills with a flair for translating complex information and uncomplicating risk
- Have strong experience and understanding of the risk and assurance landscapes, with an understanding of best practice frameworks
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to provide targeted and succinct reporting to the Board and committees across Callaghan, including internal stakeholders
- Maintain a growth mindset with an appetite to drive change
- Be a natural problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- Have a mindset for continuous improvement with a flair for developing internal processes and initiatives to gain efficiencies
- Provide just in time guidance and advice to urgent and reactive issues
- Collaborate with the Risk and Assurance Lead to align initiatives with organisational key results
- Have a natural ability to foster and grow trusted relationships to partner with a wide range of stakeholders and your peers
Applications close 8th July 2022.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.