Company: Tauranga City Council
Location: Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
About Tauranga City Council
Tauranga City Council is one of Tauranga’s largest employers, and we are always looking to attract great talent to join our driven, passionate, and community-focused team. To highlight that our people are our greatest asset, we offer a wide range of benefits that include 5 weeks annual leave, flexible work from home options, as well as career development opportunities. We always strive to ensure that you feel valued and supported in the workplace.
About the role
As a Senior Risk Advisor, you will implement and maintain an effective and sustainable organisational risk framework, to ensure Elected Members, the executive, and the wider organisation have the information and advice necessary to appropriately manage risk and maintain the desired risk profile for Council. This position will provide guidance and advice to the organisation on risks that may impact both Council’s strategic direction and its operational activities.
What you’ll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring:
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret complex information and provide recommendations and advice to senior management.
- Self-awareness and a proven track record of acting with integrity, working in a team setting as well as operating independently with the ability to bring a positive impact on others for the Council’s benefit.
- The ability to manage sensitive investigations, issues and deliver high-quality work output under pressure and during times of ambiguity and change.
- Previous Risk Advisor / specialist experience in a complex, multi-disciplined organisation.
- Relevant university degree.
Applications will close upon the appointment of a successful candidate.
For more information or to apply click HERE.
Snr Risk Advisor JD available HERE.