Effectively managing risk is critical to sustaining and improving the prosperity and quality of life enjoyed by New Zealanders. In recent years there have been several high-profile failures in the public sector, with poor risk management often being at the heart of these failures. While there is growing recognition of the importance of risk management, the extent to which it is understood, focused on and implemented across government is variable.
In this presentation, Claire will discuss the practical application of the all-of-government Enterprise Risk Maturity Assessment Framework (gERMAF) and what the aggregated results reveal for risk practitioners working in both the public and private sectors.
About the Speaker
Claire Linskill, General Manager System Assurance, Department of Internal Affairs
Claire is an experienced risk and assurance practitioner having worked in external and internal audit as well as ICT consulting, enterprise risk management and project management. She worked in the private sector for many years before joining the Department of Internal Affairs in September 2014 where she leads the team focused on assuring government’s digital transformation. Claire is a Chartered Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
Lunchtime Seminars - Key Information
- Lunchtme Seminar charges are $10 for all RiskNZ members, and $15 for non-members. You can pay directly via credit card online, or an invoice will be sent to you following registration.
- Seminars commences at 12:15pm and will finish at 1:00pm.
- You can join the Lunchtime Seminar at any of the venues below or choose to dial in via webinar
- Wellington – KPMG, Lvl 9, 10 Customhouse Quay (Speaker venue)
- Auckland – Navigatus, Lvl 2, 347 Parnell Rd, Parnell
- Christchurch – Christchurch City Council, Meeting Room 2.05 (This room is on Level 2 and is accessible to the public. At the top of the stairs/escalator on Level 2 turn left, cross the air bridge and the meeting room is on your immediate left as you leave the air bridge)
- New Plymouth – Powerco, Liardet St
- Webinar dial-in – If you are unable to join at any of the venues, you can choose to dial in to join the Lunchtime Seminar remotely. Please choose the relevant option when completing the registration form. Webinar information for logging in and participating in the webinar will be shared with registered participants at least one day before the seminar.