It’s estimated that, at any point in time, 1 in 4 people is experiencing some level of stress. Not only does stress have an impact on individuals, numerous studies warn that work-related stress is becoming a critical issue for employers large and small. The adverse consequences of work related stress on an organisation include the direct costs of sickness absence, presentism, employee turnover and reduced/lost productivity and organisational performance.
- What exactly is stress?
- Where does it come from?
- Is all stress bad?
- How can we experience less of it?
In this seminar Tony will answer these questions and more, and dispel some of the many myths and misconceptions about stress. He will also share a simple tool that can be used to help you to begin to reduce the stress in your life.
About the Speaker
Tony Yuile, Tony Yuile Coaching
Tony Yuile is a certified life coach, clinical hypnotherapist, and the author of 7 Ways to Reduce Anxiety in 7 Minutes or Less. He is a coach and instructor with YourlifeLiveit an international coaching and training company. Tony is passionate about helping people develop the life skills they need to minimise the stress and anxiety in their lives and enhance their resilience.
Prior to becoming a life coach, Tony spent 30 years in senior financial and risk management roles across the private and public sectors. He was secure and happy in his career until thrown a curve ball – redundancy, something he was totally unprepared for. Suddenly he found himself in the vicious grip of stress and anxiety. When he finally emerged from beneath the black cloud, he promised himself that he would never feel so dreadful again. He set out to discover as much as he could about stress and anxiety and to share what he learned with others. Based in Wellington, Tony works with clients within New Zealand and globally.
Tony served on the RiskNZ board for seven years and, as was the organisation’s Treasurer for 11 years. He is a life member.
Lunchtime Seminars - Key Information
- Lunchtme Seminar charges are $10 for all RiskNZ members, and $15 for non-members. You can pay directly via credit card online, or an invoice will be sent to you following registration.
- Seminars commences at 12:15pm and will finish at 1:00pm.
- You can join the Lunchtime Seminar at any of the venues below or choose to dial in via webinar
- Wellington – KPMG, Lvl 9, 10 Customhouse Quay (Speaker venue)
- Auckland – Navigatus, Lvl 2, 347 Parnell Rd, Parnell
- Christchurch – Christchurch City Council, Meeting Room 2.05 (This room is on Level 2 and is accessible to the public. At the top of the stairs/escalator on Level 2 turn left, cross the air bridge and the meeting room is on your immediate left as you leave the air bridge)
- New Plymouth – Powerco, Liardet St
- Webinar dial-in – If you are unable to join at any of the venues, you can choose to dial in to join the Lunchtime Seminar remotely. Please choose the relevant option when completing the registration form. Webinar information for logging in and participating in the webinar will be shared with registered participants at least one day before the seminar.