“This is not a once-in-a-century pandemic. We are absolutely going to have more of these” Melinda Gates, April 2020.
In this Lunchtime Seminar, Sheena Hunt will present an overview of coronaviruses past and present, how and why they infect humans, and why epidemics are becoming more frequent.
We will look at managing COVID-19 alongside seasonal influenza and will also examine the risk of new pandemics (including pandemic influenza or another novel coronavirus).
From an organisational perspective, the seminar will cover the transmission of infection and what actions leaders and risk managers will need to consider as alert levels reduce and we move towards our post-pandemic new normal.
In this Seminar, we will look to cover –
- An overview of coronaviruses past and present.
- How and why coronaviruses infect humans, and why epidemics are becoming more frequent.
- Why is a vaccine crucial and will medicines be able to treat COVID-19 infections until vaccinations become widely available?
- How do we manage COVID-19 alongside seasonal influenza?
- What are the risks of new pandemics (including pandemic influenza or another novel coronavirus)?
- Transmission of infection
- What actions will we need to consider as alert levels reduce and we move towards our post-pandemic new normal?
Lunchtime Seminars - Key Information
- Lunchtme Seminar charges are $10 for all RiskNZ members, and $15 for non-members. You can pay directly via credit card online, or an invoice will be sent to you following registration.
- Seminars commences at 12:00pm and will finish at 1:00pm.
- Webinar information for logging in and participating in the webinar will be shared with registered participants at least one day before the seminar.