This course is for project managers and risk managers seeking to understand how to embed risk in a project while minimising administrative burden. You will be introduced to what an effective project risk management framework looks like and how it works. As importantly, the process of risk assessment you do every day will be broken down for you so you can apply it more formally to your key program and project decisions.
The framework, tools and techniques you will be introduced to will provide you with a basis for managing your project risk more effectively than ever before. It will also provide you with the means to demonstrate to your key stakeholders that you understand and are managing risk for their benefit.
Format of the Course
Two Half-Day Online Learning Workshops
One: Why Risk Management?
- The Project Risk Management Journey
- Effective project risk frameworks
Group Exercise – Defining the benefits and the barriers to effective project risk management.
Two: Developing a project risk register
- Establishing context
Group Exercise – Establishing the context for a project.
- Tools and techniques for risk assessment – work breakdown structures, process flow diagrams, event tree analysis, Bowtie Analysis
- Risk assessment tips and tricks
- Deriving and/or assessing opportunities from risk assessment
Group Exercise – Project risk assessment
Three: Managing project performance
- Integrated performance and risk reporting
- Project (Risk) Culture
Group Exercise – Embedding a (risk) culture.
Time: 4 hour x 2 Half Day Online Learning Workshops
Location: Online Zoom Meeting
PRICE: Members NZ$1,320 + GST; Non-Members NZ$1,520+GST
Max pax 20