Registrations are now closed
It is possible to learn how to de-risk disputes and to recognise when your project is heading down to the point of no return on the dispute pathway.
Many contracts end up in a dispute resolution process, which can easily be avoided. Having a good understanding of the signposts and triggers that turn a project from success to disaster will shape the way in which people respond to challenges along the way.
De-mystifying the dispute resolution process can help us to understand how to avoid going there in the first place.
The seminar will cover:
- When is a (small ‘d’) dispute a (capital ‘D’) Dispute
- What are some of the ‘red flags’ that your project is heading down the dispute path
- When is disagreement constructive and when is it not
- What does de-escalating conflict look like
- What’s the difference between arbitration, mediation, and conciliation
In light of the evolving Covid-19 situation, this Lunchtime Seminar will be delivered only as a webinar. The health and well-being of RiskNZ’s Members are paramount and offering the Seminar as webinar-only is the most socially conscious choice as we take measures to practice social distancing.
Lunchtime Seminars - Key Information
- Lunchtme Seminar charges are $10 for all RiskNZ members, and $15 for non-members. You can pay directly via credit card online, or an invoice will be sent to you following registration.
- Seminars commences at 12:00pm and will finish at 1:00pm.
- You can join the Lunchtime Seminar at any of the venues below or choose to dial in via webinar
- Wellington – KPMG, Lvl 9, 10 Customhouse Quay (Speaker venue)
- Auckland – Watercare, 73 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland
- Christchurch – Christchurch City Council, Meeting Room 2.05 (This room is on Level 2 and is accessible to the public. At the top of the stairs/escalator on Level 2 turn left, cross the air bridge and the meeting room is on your immediate left as you leave the air bridge)
- Webinar dial-in – If you are unable to join at any of the venues, you can choose to dial in to join the Lunchtime Seminar remotely. Please choose the relevant option when completing the registration form. Webinar information for logging in and participating in the webinar will be shared with registered participants at least one day before the seminar.