AMI warns about rising incidents of gadget battery fires

An Insurance Business Magazine article.

AMI has warned the public about a potential fire hazard in lithium-ion batteries and their charging systems.

The insurer said it receives at least one home insurance claim each month for fire damage caused by batteries catching fire. The claims data, AMI said, suggest that these types of household fires are becoming more common and are more likely to cause severe damage compared to other types of fires – with many resulting in the loss of an entire home.

Read more.