Asbestos-containing building materials a risk to public after Hastings railway station fire

Members of the public are being advised to stay away from the Hastings railway building which was ravaged by fire overnight.

Fire and Emergency services were called to the blaze at the old Hastings Train Station on Sir James Wattie Place at about 1.55am.

Hastings District Council and the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board Medical Officer of Health, Dr Nick Jones, are advising members of the public to stay away from the building due to asbestos-containing building materials posing a risk to health.

To read more about this, please click here.