We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
RiskNZ complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the services and activities you sign up for.
- Administer your membership or digital pass access efficiently.
- Conduct market research surveys.
- Tell you about our new services and activities
- to bill you and to collect money that you may owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we will share your contact information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to distribute our email communications.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
RiskNZ members can do this on risknz.org.nz by entering your email address and password and updating your profile.
Alternatively, you can contact us at [email protected].
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
All new members will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications. You can choose to remove yourself from email marketing communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.