To outline what a Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) is. To understand why and when to use a QRA. To understand the basics of how a QRA is performed.
About the Speaker
Chris Nicholls, Director, Ascent Business Consulting
Chris a part owner of an 11 year old consulting and contracting company, Ascent Business Consulting, that specialises in technical and project management services. For the last 15 years, he has provided advice and guidance to a wide range of organisations to help them make strategic decisions based on sound business cases. Their company also oversees the services provided by up to 50 contractors. As a business owner, Chris is responsible for governance and efficient business operations. This includes ensuring we have clear lines of accountability, robust risk management and strong systems that deliver high performance. A key focus is ensuring that we take care of the people we serve, our contractors and our clients.
Chris’s skills and achievements in the consulting arena include:
- investment risk management
- business continuity planning, project financial controls and project governance advisory
- business case management
- financial modelling
- feasibility study and business case report writing
- benefit mapping and benefit management plans
- performance framework development
- successful Crown funding requests totalling over $150m in last 6 years
- various ICT sourcing and commercial management engagements
- product development.
As part of investment risk management, Chris has performed a number of Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRAs) covering both large scale ICT and property investments, and the stand-up of new services. More recently, he has begun using his experience with QRAs to train EPMO and finance teams who are seeking to manage their organisation’s investment risks more effectively.
Lunchtime Seminars - Key Information
- Lunchtme Seminar charges are $10 for all RiskNZ members, and $15 for non-members. You can pay directly via credit card online, or an invoice will be sent to you following registration.
- Seminars commences at 12:15pm and will finish at 1:00pm.
- You can join the Lunchtime Seminar at any of the venues below or choose to dial in via webinar
- Wellington – KPMG, Lvl 9, 10 Customhouse Quay (Speaker venue)
- Auckland – Navigatus, Lvl 2, 347 Parnell Rd, Parnell
- Christchurch – Christchurch City Council, Meeting Room 2.05 (This room is on Level 2 and is accessible to the public. At the top of the stairs/escalator on Level 2 turn left, cross the air bridge and the meeting room is on your immediate left as you leave the air bridge)
- New Plymouth – Powerco, Liardet St
- Webinar dial-in – If you are unable to join at any of the venues, you can choose to dial in to join the Lunchtime Seminar remotely. Please choose the relevant option when completing the registration form. Webinar information for logging in and participating in the webinar will be shared with registered participants at least one day before the seminar.