In 2018, over 1000 Directors and Officers (D&O) & Statutory Liability claim notifications were lodged with insurers in NZ. With legal costs escalating, claims costs in the tens of millions of dollars and cases often lasting for years, the risks facing directors are very real.
In this session Catherine Tait, Specialty Strategy Leader for Marsh New Zealand will discuss;
- where claims come from,
- how to best position yourself in a changing insurance environment,
- the mechanics of a D&O policy (advantages and pitfalls),
- and insights into what insurers perceive as important risk factors for governance.
About the Speaker
Catherine specialises in Liability Insurance and complex placements for clients across industries from construction, manufacturing, government, exporters, land professionals and legal services.
With over 20 years’ insurance experience, Catherine who is based in Marsh’s Wellington office brings a wealth of insurance knowledge and industry experience to the topic.
Lunchtime Seminars - Key Information
- Lunchtme Seminar charges are $10 for all RiskNZ members, and $15 for non-members. You can pay directly via credit card online, or an invoice will be sent to you following registration.
- Seminars commences at 12:15pm and will finish at 1:00pm.
- You can join the Lunchtime Seminar at any of the venues below or choose to dial in via webinar
- Wellington – KPMG, Lvl 9, 10 Customhouse Quay (Speaker venue)
- Auckland – Watercare, 73 Remuera Rd, Remuera
- Christchurch – Christchurch City Council, Meeting Room 2.05 (This room is on Level 2 and is accessible to the public. At the top of the stairs/escalator on Level 2 turn left, cross the air bridge and the meeting room is on your immediate left as you leave the air bridge)
- New Plymouth – Powerco, Liardet St
- Webinar dial-in – If you are unable to join at any of the venues, you can choose to dial in to join the Lunchtime Seminar remotely. Please choose the relevant option when completing the registration form. Webinar information for logging in and participating in the webinar will be shared with registered participants at least one day before the seminar.